Monday, April 13, 2009

Keeping In Touch

As strange as it might sound, I find that more I focus on school the less "in touch" I am with world at large. Some might find that college helps you to be more in tune to the world around you but I find it to be the exact opposite. The more I focus on school work the less I focus "the news." I attribute this to the fact that I'm really not a "new buff" current world events are things that I check up on only if I have some leisure time and I usually use that kind of time for other activities. However I'm always on the Internet for both school and lesiure so most my "keeping in touch" comes from the web. Rather than subscribe to a newspaper I prefer to visit a website were I can see it for free. Email also plays an important part in "keeping in touch," comeing mostly from my mother when I don't call her for weeks on end ect. ect. Although I watch very little televison (nowadays) most of what I watch is usually C-Span coverage or other media corespondents.

No comments:

Post a Comment