Monday, April 13, 2009

Connecting with Celebrities

I guess the "celebrity" I feel most connected with would have to be Kevin Smith. Some criticise his work as being something that only the "geek" culture can relate to. To this I say "That might be true, but no other writer/director understands his or her target audience like Kevin Smith." This is because Kevin Smith is very much a "geek" himself; a character trait that gives him a perceived personal connection with his fans. This makes him very approachable during interview/conventions etc, often telling personal stories and cracking jokes about his experience with the industry. I am both a movie goer and a comic book fan. That being being said I have been exposed to his work in both mediums and because he is actively involved in two of my favorite forms of media its almost like Kevin Smith is unintentionally catering to my interest. I know he isn't but his work is so enjoyable it almost seems that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment